I'm Back!! The Vegan Kind #53| Review




What a wonderful way to enter back into the blogging world by eating your way through a box of yummy food (that you don't even have to leave the house for) and then writing about it. This month they're donating 10% of all sales to Animal Free Research UK which are innovating the next step in animal-free research.

I've tried is the Kuhbonbon Caramel Vegan Fudge before and if you know me you know that I love fudge. Seeing these in the box made me very happy. Compared with the Fabulous Free From Factory fudge these are more of a chew to begin with but then melt into the fudgy velvety texture everyone knows. These are great for sharing or taking a few on the go as they're individually wrapped. Not the best for the environment though, they need to get researching on some alternative recyclable packaging (as most companies/products do).

I was really surprised by how much I liked the Munchy Seeds Salted Caramel Snack Pack, I had preconceived thoughts on it them thinking that they're 'just seeds' but the salt flecks that cut through the caramel are perfect. They remind me of the super sugar coated popcorn that you find scattered around in a bag of sweet and salted popcorn (the best bits). I've just been eating it straight out the packet but I think it'll be perfect on top of nice cream. I would definitely buy these again.

As with every month, there are going to be things that I can't eat so Honestly Co Mild Masala Blend will probably be going to the food bank. I'm sure someone in need will really enjoy this. If you go to The Vegan Kind hashtag #tvk57 on Instagram then there should be people on there trying it and saying if they liked it. [Why can't I eat this?]

It's funny that I needed to pick up some more dry shampoo and lo and behold I open the box to find one. I've never tried a COLAB dry shampoo before so I was glad to see the Active range Dry Shampoo. I've used it a few times and it refreshes my hair and doesn't leave a white cast. It gives a good amount of volume and texture which I have been loving recently. I lot of people believe that Batiste is cruelty-free but it's not, so this is a great replacement for those looking for one.

These Fairfields Farm Jalapeno and Lime Lentil Bites crisps were a huge punch of flavour, imagine a spicy burrito bowl topped with freshly squeezed lime and that's what these taste like. I didn't eat many because of the issues I linked earlier and I accidentally forgot about them so they went stale. If you ever see these and you love a bit of spice then definitely pick these up.

Huel is a brand that I've been interested in for a while after seeing there meal replacements advertised. I didn't even know that they did bars so I was excited to try there Cocoa & Orange Bar. Similarly with anything with pea protein in it was very dry and gritty, the taste was pleasant but the texture left your mouth like you'd eaten sawdust. This bar is great if you don't mind the texture of pea protein but I'm not one of them. Each bar has 15g of protein, 7.5g of fibre and packed with added vitamin and minerals so it's up to you whether the texture and nutritional benefits weigh up. 

Livia's Kitchen Nugglets Raw Cookie Dough are something I absolutely love! Even though they're slightly expensive I can't pass up getting something from this brand when I see them. I usually just find them in Sainsbury's but found the raw cookie dough nugglets in my local Tesco recently which I enjoyed on my solo trip to RHS Tatton. These are a 'healthier' versions of your favourite things like raw cookie dough, millionaire shortbread and Biccy Bombs. They only use natural ingredients and are gluten-free. These feel like such a treat and would eat them every day if I could. They also have just changed over to fully recyclable packaging so are hopefully leading the change.

Not forgetting one of my favourite bags that I bought from Viva La Vegans which you can buy here.

Anything you'd love to try?

Devon

No comments